The Durham Rescue Mission is supported entirely by gifts from individuals, churches, businesses, civic groups, organizations, foundations, grants and bequests.
When you give a gift to our homeless shelter and addiction recovery programs in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area, you can rest assured that your funds will be used to help those in the Triangle community who are hungry and homeless — 365 days a year.
Choose from a variety of donation opportunities, including planned giving, memorial gifts, monthly donations and more.
Or mail your donation to:
PO Box 11368
Durham, NC 27703
Current Needs: What to Donate to Our Durham-Raleigh-Chapel Hill Homeless Shelter
The Durham Rescue Mission is always accepting in-kind donations at our men’s and women’s shelters. To donate any of the items listed below, please reach out to us by phone at 919-688-9641 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A charity drive is also a great way to collect these needed items from members of your local community or church and help support our urban rescue mission in Durham, NC. Contact us to learn more about organizing a collection drive.
- Canned or non-perishable food items
- KJV Study Bibles
- Ladies ethnic hair products
- New silverware for dining facilities
- GPS (Tom-Tom, Garmin, etc)
- Allergy meds
- Anti-fungal creams
- Cough & cold meds (no alcohol)
- Hydrocortisone creams
- Medicated powders
- Saline nasal spray
- Air fresheners
- Cleaning supplies (409, Windex, etc.)
- Commercial carpet cleaners
- Commercial vacuum cleaners
- Dish & laundry detergents
- Disinfectant cleaners
- Disposable cups & plates
- Interior/exterior brooms
- Paper napkins & towels
- Trash bags (13 gal. – 33 gal.)
Drop Off Locations
1201 East Main Street
Durham, NC 27701
507 East Knox Street
Durham, NC 27701
Infants & Children
- Baby wipes
- Disposable diapers (sizes 4-5)
- Crib sheets
- Disposable razors
- Shaving cream
- Toilet tissue
- Canned vegetables
- Car mechanic tools
- Gas weed eaters
- Lawn mowers
- Leaf rakes
- Pointed shovels
- Men’s work gloves
Operation Daily Bread: Providing Food & Shelter to the Triangle’s Homeless
Ensure that the Durham Rescue Mission has a regular, dependable flow of income all year to help the homeless of the Triangle — even in the months where other donations drop — by partnering with the Mission’s Operation Daily Bread Program.
Become a Sponsor of the Durham Rescue Mission
A Durham Rescue Mission charity sponsorship contributes significantly to the daily operating expenses of our Durham, NC homeless shelter, including electricity, heat, food and maintenance costs. Choose from three sponsorship options:
Sponsor Our Men’s Division
One full day of sponsorship for our men’s shelter is $600 a year or $50 a month.
Sponsor the Good Samaritan Inn (Women’s & Children’s Division)
One full day of sponsorship for our women’s and children’s shelter is $600 a year or $50 a month.
For division sponsors:
- Your name, business, church, club, or honorarium message listed on our marquee and digital signs for travelers to see as they drive by on busy I-85, at Exit 177 and the corner of East Main and Alston Avenue.
- Your sponsorship listed on our website
Join Operation Daily Bread Club
You can become an Operation Daily Bread Club Member with an annual gift of $1,200. You may give a one-time gift of $1,200 or you may pledge $100 a month for 12 months. Your gift/pledge will sponsor one day at both divisions or you may choose to sponsor 2 days at either the Men’s Division or the Women and Children’s Division.
Additional Benefits of membership in this special giving club include:
- A special invitation to a Spring lunch for Operation Daily Bread Club Members.
- A special invitation to our Fall Reception and
- Receive a Operation Daily Bread Club Member Ribbon